Esophagus still improving, still feel reasonably good. Was contacted by health insurance co. today, supplying nurse who will check in by phone periodically to make sure everything is going well, coordinate between docs if nec., etc. This is a good thing, I think. The only disconcerting point was when (going down a checklist, I'm sure) she brought up "advance directives". Yeah, everyone should have one, and I don't. But I've seen enough of advance directives in the past 3 years. They are definitely good things to have. But when you're trying to stay positive and thinking OK, this is working, it's not something you want to hear about. Not the nurse's fault at all, but a downer nonetheless.
On a more positive note, we had 16-month old godson H. and his Mom, C. over for dinner tonight. He was a lot of fun to watch and play with. Plumbing and water-related things are always a big hit, as are mechanisms of all sorts. Katy explained to him the workings of activated carbon filters in the Brita water pitcher. He also mimes Alex by sticking his tongue out and panting, which is a hoot. Played on the piano a bit; did animal noises for foam cutout animal shapes. Always a good time hanging with the M. family!
Interested Parties
-
*Tyranny is the handmaiden of the moneyed interests.*
- Robert Reich
"The real meaning of Abdul El-Sayed’s victory in Michigan"
This week's featured po...
1 day ago
1 comment:
advance directives... "Yes, I have a couple...want to go back to Hawaii in two weeks, then to Cancun for a month, then to Bermuda for a month....is that advanced enough?"
You are not going to need an advance directive. Tell them you don't direct...you write.
Post a Comment